The metalworking industry can be a risky and sometimes fatal, business. Let Imperial Systems pave your way to safety.
Surprisingly, many facilities think that it will never happen to them. Their employees will stay healthy and safe, as long as they are following the guidelines and rules of the company. Have you ever thought about the guidelines and rules your industrial dust control company is following?
Injuries And Fatalities Follow Improper Dust Control
In February of 1999 a dust fire in a plant in Massachusetts killed 3, injured 9. The reasons for explosion were lack of dust control, inadequate ventilation system design and lack of maintenance of ovens and safety devices.
Understanding Combustible Dust Explosions
Just because there is dust lying around, doesn’t mean that there is going to be an explosion. If that is the case, most of our homes would have exploded a long time ago. In the metalworking industry, the situation is not the same. The importance of hiring a thorough industrial dust control company is imperative for a safe, reliable facility.
Combustible dust fires occur when fuel, heat and oxygen are present. Commonly called, “The Fire Triangle”, there are 2 factors in addition to this triangle.
- Dust particles must be in heavy concentrations
- Dust must be partially confined to one area
Combustible dust ignites and burns at a mind-blowing rate, when confined, due to the inability to diffuse from proper ventilation.
An industrial dust control company will look for potential hazards in your facility.
5 Potential Hazards In Your Metalwork Facility
- There is presence of combustible dust that may be released into the air
- Materials are processed into tiny particles
- Areas that dust can accumulate for a long period of time are present
- Activities that the consumption or production of combustible dust is present
- A reason that dust will find a source for ignition
With a leading industrial dust control company like Imperial Systems, you will receive quality service and products ensure that hazards will be controlled. Imperial Systems carefully follows strict OSHA guidelines with production of all products.
Some of our products include:
- CMAXX Dust Collector System – designed with cutting-edge PD technology, it has 10% more filter media than other filters, to allow maximum cleaning performance.
- DeltaMaxx Cartridge Filters – With 2x the filter life of standard filters, DeltaMaxx is made from Nanofiber technology that prevents submicron particles from being embeded in the media.
- CMAXX Laser Fume Extraction System – Completely wired from the factory, all you have to do is plug it in and press start. With the same guarantees as the CMAXX Dust Collector, you won’t be disappointed.
- Duct and Fittings – Imperial Systems delivers a variety of duct and fittings, all custom to fit your system.
- Spark Arrestors (Traps) – With heavy duty construction, customizable fittings and material, easy install and no water requirement, your satisfaction will be met.
- And more!
Quality Service Guaranteed
We cannot tell you the type of equipment or service the above companies received, before these explosions and fatalities happened. What we can tell you, is that our service is guaranteed.
Imperial Systems will inspect each product, and personally install the equipment in any facility. Our dust collectors require minimal maintenance and if maintanence ever is needed, our experts here at Imperial Systems is here to help.
When looking for Industrial Dust Companies in your area, remember that Imperial serves over North America in both the United States and Canada.
If you would like more information on the different options we have available to you, call 1-800-918-3013.
Industrial Dust Control Company | Industrial Dust Control Companies